Easter Weekend is a great opportunity for family fun and togetherness. And although we all won’t be heading outside to the local playground this Easter Weekend, there’s still plenty of ways to create fun as a family at home.
Here are 5 of our favorites:
- Bunny Hop Races! This can be a fun way to get moving as a family. Find a space either in your backyard or in your house (hallways and basements work great!) then, two at a time, hop your way from starting line to finish line. Race for fun or create a little extra competition with timed trials or bracket challenges!
- Story Time! Have each member of the family read their favourite storybook out loud for everyone. Take turns each day or set a special storytime to read multiple stories together. One of our favourite bunny-related reads is the classic, The Velveteen Rabbit.
- Get Baking! This is a weekend made for sweets so it’s the perfect time to bake up some goodies together in the kitchen. Pick a favourite recipe to create together or divide into teams for a baking competition!
- Create a physical-distancing Easter Egg Hunt for your neighbourhood! Decorate paper eggs and tape them to your windows to share the fun with your neighbours.
- Add some color! We all know the fun tradition of coloring eggs for Easter so this year, color more than just the eggs. Bust out those colorful crayons and download our free coloring page for some creative Easter festivities for the whole family. As a bonus, snap a photo of your finished coloring page then post it on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and tag us, including the hashtag #ideasinplayincolor and you’ll be entered into a random draw* for a $50 gift card to Skip The Dishes so you can have treats for the family delivered to your door! This contest will be open until 11:59pm MST on April 13, 2020 so download your coloring page today!
*By entering this contest, you agree to the following Contest Rules: Open to residents of Canada only, excluding Quebec. No purchase necessary. Skill-testing question required. This contest is not affiliated with any other organization. Contest closes at 11:59pm MST on April 13, 2020.