GameTime, a leading manufacturer of commercial playground equipment, outdoor fitness equipment and custom playscapes, announced today it successfully completed its seventh annual independent surveillance audit of Environmental Aspects and Environmental Management Systems. The audit concluded that GameTime is in compliance with all cited standards, regulatory requirements and recycling practices.
Companies with the ISO 14001:2004 certification submit to an annual independent audit of their manufacturing processes to assure continual improvement and conformity with the standard, as well as evidence of an ongoing commitment to environmentally sustainable operations.
GameTime’s 400,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Fort Payne, Alabama continually strives to minimize its impact on the environment through conservation measures such as:
- Reduction of energy consumption by 41% since 2007, the equivalent to the carbon sequestered by 1,849 acres of U.S. forests each year
- Reduction of water consumption by approximately 1,000 gallons each year since 2010
GameTime also employs a facility-wide recycling program that significantly reduces waste and diverts materials from area landfills. In 2014 GameTime recycled:
- 14.8 tons of cardboard
- 19.07 tons of office paper
- 29,550 plastic drink/water bottles
- 100,177 pounds of scrap plastic
- 15,443 pounds of aluminum
- 1,688,540 pounds of steel
To learn more about GameTime’s commitment to environmental sustainability, visit www.gametime.com/sustainability